Nobles County, Minnesota
In May 1857 Nobles County was created. It was named in honor of Col. W. H. Nobles, of St. Paul. Nobles County did not have permanent settlers until the spring of 1867. The County government was set up in 1870. Nobles County is located in the southwestern corner of Minnesota, about 60 miles east of Sioux Falls South Dakota. The County seat is Worthington. Other communities include Adrian, Bigelow, Brewster, Ellsworth, Leota, Lismore, Reading, Round Lake, Rushmore, St. Kilian and Wilmont.
Baptism records for the families of John and Joseph Fritscher all list Brewster in Nobles County, Minnesota, as their residence from April of 1886 through May of 1888.
The tiny town of Brewster, Minnesota still exists today. Pictured at the right is the Brewster Post Office which looks as if it could have been one of the earlier buildings there.
In January of 1898, Mary Ulrich and husband Adolph Ulrich sold the NE quarter of Section 6 Township 104N, Range 40W in Nobles County to Franz Fritscher. Theresia Fritscher Ulrich was Adolph's mother.
In 1891, Johan (John) Fritscher bought land in the SE quarter of section 12 in township 103, range 39W in Nobles County. This land was adjacent to the land he owned in Jackson County.
In 1893, after Joseph Fritscher and his family had already moved to Texas, John Fritscher and George Schneider purchased land in block 1 in the village of Hersey in Nobles County. It was a short time later when John Fritscher packed up his family also, and moved to the wild frontier of Texas.
Source Information: Minnesota GenWeb.